Saturday, February 21, 2009

We Have a Crawler!


Maddie started crawling this past Wednesday. As you can see from the picture, she uses her left hand but her right forearm...silly girl :) She mostly uses her knees but sometimes I think maybe her knees get a little tired and she switches momentarily to her toes. It's so cool to see her moving toward something she wants. Mostly, that's the dog or whatever the dog happens to be chewing on. But, hey, whatever gets her moving, right? She's such a big girl and mommy and daddy are so proud of her!
Also on Wednesday she started waving at us. I don't have any pictures of that just yet, but hopefully I'll have a little video to post of her waving soon. It's so amazing watching our little girl learn so many new things. Sometimes I feel like I'm about to send her off to college already :) It just doesn't seem possible in the short amount of time that she's been with us that she could know how to do so much! I'm so in love with this little girl! I swear I could just sit and watch her all day long, just to watch the expressions on her face when she sees the dog or cat come into the room, to see how excited she gets to see daddy come in to get her up in the morning, to see her snuggle up with her "snuggly" and suck her thumb when she gets sleepy. I just want to soak in every little bit because I know it's not going to last nearly as long as I want it to!

No comments:

Post a Comment