Saturday, October 3, 2009

Uh oh!

With all the recent commotion involving Maddie's passport I forgot that yesterday was Friday.  I'll post this week's pictures tonight after Maddie goes to bed :)

We did receive Maddie's passport yesterday.  When I spoke with Frank from the passport office he told me we would receive it on Monday so I made plans to be home ALL DAY Monday so I wouldn't miss the FedEx guy.  I assumed they would require a signature for a passport.  Isn't that sort of a sensitive document?  Not that too many people could get away with using a child's passport, but still...hellloooo national security?  Maybe I'm too protective of this important piece of identification.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  So, anyway...I went out my front door yesterday after noon-ish to bring my trash can back to the house after they collected the trash for the day.  When I opened the door a FedEx envelope fell in.  Yeah, the FedEx guy had just propped it up against my front door.  I was out of the house for about an hour yesterday morning but after that I was home.  I don't recall seeing anything at the front door when I came home so that means he probably just put it there without ringing the doorbell or anything (yes, this is what our FedEx guy does).  Aren't they supposed to ring the doorbell at least to let you know they're putting something there?  Our delivery guy must not be a people person.  He could atleast ring the bell then run.  Just let me know you put something there...

Oh well, at least we have the passport!  And the best part of the whole thing is that Eric gets to come home 2 days early :)  They already changed his ticket to come home on Thursday because we thought he was going to have to be home so we could get Maddie's passport taken care of that Friday with him present.  So it's all worked out nicely...

I took Maddie to the Little Gym again this morning.  She's been doing SO GREAT.  Last week I was wondering if she did so well because of the different instructor or if she was just getting used to the place.  Today I got my answer :)  She's just getting used to it and getting much more comfortable and confident.  The original instructor was back today and Maddie was giving her high fives and everything!  Maddie's has three major accomplishments for today.  First, she climbed the baby rock wall.  It's set at an angle to make it easier for babies to climb :)  In fact, she doesn't really have the whole concept of holding onto the hand holds or using them to step on...she just kind of climbed up and pretended they weren't there for the most part.  Her second accomplishment for today is doing a backwards roll.  She was fine with flipping over backwards and even gave a big "ta da" at the end.  Her third, and BIGGEST accomplishment is what she did on the beam today.  Let me backtrack a little first.  The first time I put Maddie up on the beam she was terrified of it and wouldn't move her feet.  Little by little I helped her become more confident on it and now she practically runs down the length of the beam (while I'm holding her hands).  She loves the attention she gets when she "jumps" off the end and gives a big "TA DA".  Today she was taking a few steps on it without me holding her hands :)  Then the biggest deal...she walked on her hands (wheelbarrow), into a forward roll, stood up on the beam, turned around, walked backwards to the end then jumped off!  We finished with a great big "TAAA DAAAA-ee" and everyone applauded her :)  I was so proud!  Next week Eric will be here to go with us and I know he's going to be amazed at what she can do.  I'm also going to see if he'll take some pictures of her so I can share with everyone.  I just can't take pictures when I'm there by myself because then there's no one to spot her...

No comments:

Post a Comment