Tuesday, November 17, 2009

One Hundred

YAY for Sarah making it to post #100!  I find it amazing that I've found something I can stick with :)  If you haven't noticed, I gave up on Foto Friday...but hey, at least I'm still blogging!

So, I wanted to come up with something spectacular for my 100th post.  I've been thinking about it for DAYS (that's why I haven't posted anything in a few days) but nothing incredible has come to mind.  So, I'll do my usual...

Maddie continues to amaze me every day.  The past two times I've taken her to the Kid's Club at the gym, she hasn't wanted to leave!  When I go in to pick her up she comes running at me with a crayon saying "color".  I ask her if she's ready to go bye byes in the car with mommy she says "no" and goes back to coloring.  It's amazing how much my little one is growing.  I wish she was that comfortable everywhere I take her.  She has her few places where she's comfotable, places she's been going to for a while and she knows she's safe and Mommy will return.  Hopefully before too long she'll be ok everywhere I take her.  Next week we're heading back to see my side(s) of the family so this will be a good test of Maddie's confidence.  I'll be with her everywhere, but we'll see how quickly she warms up to family that she hasn't seen since June (some of them since Aug 2008).  Please pray for us!!!

So, what has Maddie been up to lately that's just too cute?  She's started saying "sit down" when she's standing on the furniture.  Funny how she knows she's supposed to be sitting but she just thinks it's something we say when we stand on the furniture, not an action that's supposed to be done.  I'm staying consistent and making her sit but it's still cute to hear her say "sit down".  Yesterday Murphy (the dog) was standing in front of Maddie and she started getting excited over something and started wagging her tail.  Well, her tail was hitting Maddie in the face so I said, "Murphy, watch your tail".  Maddie giggled and said "washateal" (watch your tail), then she was following Murphy around until her tail hit her in the face so she could laugh and say "washateal" at her.  It's so funny to watch her!  Just tonight Maddie came running into the kitchen and said "come Mommy" and patted her leg...we pat our leg when we tell Murphy to come.  I asked her if she wanted Mommy to come with her and she looked at me with an expression that said "what don't you understand about 'come Mommy'?".  So I followed her and we sat down to play together.  What a cutie!!!

Now onto something about myself...I finally made an appointment to see a chiropractor today.  I've been having back pain for quite a while.  It seemed to get worse when I was in the Army preparing for my deployment to Iraq.  Within the past year I've had 2 pretty bad back spasms.  One left me in bed for about 3 hours before I was able to get up to do anything.  Thank God Eric was still home then!  The other was just a month ago or so.  It only lasted for 45 minutes and I was able to move very carefully but couldn't stand upright.  Then just recently my lower back started hurting so bad at the end of the day.  I guess just having a 25 pound toddler that still requires a lot of lifting/carrying is doing that to me!  I figured I should get in to see someone about this before it got so bad that I wouldn't be able to take care of Maddie.  The appointment went well.  The dr. said my spine was tighter than it should be.  When he pressed on it, it didn't move much which told him there's definitely something going on in there.  Then he hooked me up to the computer to measure my muscle output (or something like that).  When that was finished he showed my results compared to a "normal" back.  Wow!!  It was pretty crazy.  My muscles were working way too hard to support my spine.  I only had three areas of my back that fell within the "normal" range.  Three areas were in the extreme range, two of them I expected...my middle back (between my shoulder blades) and my lower back.  The one that surprised me was my neck.  The right side of my neck was in the extreme range but the left side was in the mild range.  He also told me that my posture is out of proportion.  My left hip is posterior, my right shoulder and shoulder blade are lower than my left and my head tilts to the left to compensate for my body being "crooked".  I guess that explains why the muscles in the right side of my neck were working harder than the left!  So since my muscle test was so bad he wanted to do some x-rays.  I don't have the results of that yet, I get to go back tomorrow morning at 9:30 to get those results.  But I did get a bit of treatment today.  I can't even describe it...something was attached to my back that sent electrical pulses into my muscles and a HUGE, HEAVY heating pad was put on top of it.  NICE  :)  Then I had a nice mini-massage with BioFreeze.  I kind of hated to see that end...Oh well.  Tomorrow I'll find out the specifics on my x-rays and find out what kind of treatment I can expect and how long I can expect to be going through treatment.  I'm sure I'll have chiropractic appointments for life, but that's ok!  As long as I'm pain free and can run and play with Maddie I'll put up with 30 minutes a month at the dr. office :)

No comments:

Post a Comment