Thursday, February 18, 2010

Headaches

Tonight is the third night in a row that I've had a headache.  Tuesday was pretty mild and didn't bother me too much.  Yesterday was pretty intense and I just had to rest and ended up going to bed early.  Today my headache started before 5pm and is so strong I can't even eat dinner.  Headaches can be expected in early pregnancy due to progesterone levels going up.  I had a few in early pregnancy with Maddie and took quite a bit of Tylenol for them.  I can't remember what time of day they were, but it does kind of seem like it might have been the evenings...maybe I just need to get even more rest than I am now?  I don't know if that's possible...

My concern with the headaches is my blood pressure.  I wasn't worried about the headaches when I was pregnant with Maddie because I read all the books that said it was to be expected.  But when I went in the day before my due date and my blood pressure was up, the nurse asked me if I had been having headaches.  I had been...every evening around dinner time and they didn't go away when I went to bed.  I'm going to get my blood pressure checked tomorrow.  I have to run out to get Maddie's vaccination record (more on that later) so I might just swing by Walmart and use their machine by the pharmacy.  Better safe than sorry!  I certainly can't afford to have high blood pressure during this pregnancy!  The baby will be scheduled to arrive on Sept 2nd and Eric will get home on Aug 31st.  The baby CAN'T come before August 31st!!!

Now, about Maddie's vaccination record...
I stopped to pick up a packet to get Maddie in a Mother's Day Out program.  Eric and I had been talking about this for a while and now that we're expecting again I'd like to be able to have some one-on-one time with baby #2.  We'll start her enrollment in the summer so she's already established in going two days a week before her sibling comes.  I don't know the exact start date, but it should be right around her 2nd birthday.  In exchange for the MDO I'm probably going to have to give up the cleaning lady :(  But that's ok...I'm kind of over it now anyway.  When I clean my house, I KNOW it's clean.  When someone else does it, I have my doubts.  Anyway, back to MDO.  Registration is on Monday (the 22nd) so I have to go tomorrow to get a copy of Maddie's vaccination record to include in her packet.  Registration begins at 7:30am but this particular program is in such high demand that parents get there to get in line around 2-3am!  Insane, right?  They are opening the doors to the church at 5:00am so I won't get there before that.  I'm going to shoot for around 6ish and pray that's early enough.  It's not easy to entertain a 20 month old for an hour and a half, especially when you have to wake them up out of bed.  I might take her in her pjs and I'll have breakfast packed to take along with us.  Hopefully it will all go well and we'll be enrolled!!

No comments:

Post a Comment