Sunday, August 22, 2010

Full Term

As of this past Thursday I am full term!  37 weeks, with only 2 weeks remaining until our scheduled c-section.  (11 days from today!!)  Everything continues to look good at my weekly appointments.  At each appointment they weigh me (yuck!), check my blood pressure, check for protein in my urine (sign of preeclampsia), measure my big ol' belly, listen to baby's heartbeat and answer any questions I have.  Maddie enjoys going to my appointments and laughs at the sound of the baby's heart.  She's such a good girl at each appointment.  She doesn't even ride in her stroller anymore, she just walks right in, I pick a lollipop for her, she climbs up in the chair to sit and wait patiently while she eats her lollipop.  When she's done with her lollipop she gets down and throws the stick in the trash and gets right back in the chair.  She's so friendly with the doctor and nurse, she even kissed the doctor the last two appointments. Isn't that crazy??  I guess she likes doctors as long as they aren't checking HER! 

As of Thursday I think the baby dropped.  I'm not 100% sure because I don't remember experiencing this with Maddie, but this baby has all of a sudden gotten so heavy and hard to carry around.  I feel more pressure in my lower abdomen and have a much harder time bending over (not that I could easily bend over before that anyway!).  I have to pee more frequently (yay...) and I'm definitely doing the pregnancy waddle now.  Two symptoms that are supposed to improve after the baby drops are not happening for me, though.  I still can barely eat anything at one sitting, which just causes me to be hungry pretty much all day...  Also my heartburn was actually worse for a couple of days.  So, who knows, maybe she didn't drop afterall and I'm just imagining things :)

I still have a lot that needs to be done for the nursery but I'm not energetic enough to get it done.  I've entered "maintenance mode" for now and I'm just trying to keep the house picked up and keep on top of laundry.  I'm not doing a lot other than that, and that's enough!  I'm going to try to get to bed earlier this week, I've been doing a bad job of getting in bed much before 10 or 10:30.  I know I need more sleep than that, especially since I'm interupting my sleep to get up three times a night to use the bathroom.  :)

Well, I guess that's all the updates for now.  I'll post about Maddie's goofy self later, or maybe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment