Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mom's Night Out

Ahhhh...I had a relaxing two hours with a whole nail salon full of moms tonight!  There were chips, cookies, cupcakes, more cookies, mojitos, wine and bottled water for me :)  I had a pedicure for the first time since early spring and a manicure for the first time sinc 2007!  Woah, I was WAY overdue!  It was so nice to get out and be able to relax with my cold bottle of water and a chocolate chocolate chip cookie without having to share with Maddie or watch to make sure Maddie wasn't getting in any trouble and to not have her trying to touch my wet nail polish.  Oh, and it was nice to have my toenails painted since I haven't been able to touch my toes comfortably for the past couple of weeks!  :)

I hired a babysitter for Maddie tonight.  I've struggled with using babysitters before and have never really wanted to leave Maddie at home with someone I don't know.  I got the name and phone number of a really nice girl and she was available on short notice (I just called her yesterday!).  It made it easier for me to leave Maddie since I wasn't going to be out late.  I knew I would by home around 8:00pm so it was no big deal for Maddie to be awake until I got home (her usual bedtime is 8).  I just don't know how she would handle having a stranger put her to bed...

Maddie did well with the babysitter for a while but for the last hour I was gone she said she just wanted to watch tv and didn't do anything else.  She was sad and wanted Mommy and wouldn't respond nicely to any questions the babysitter asked.  When the babysitter asked what Mommy always does (wanting the response "comes back") Maddie responded with, "nuffing".  She was grumpy and just wanted to be left alone.  :(  Oh well...at least she didn't have to call me to come home right away.  I just hope I can use the babysitter again and Maddie can be happier.  Maybe she'll do better next time. 

I'm so glad I went out for my mani/pedi tonight that I'm seriously not worried about Maddie having a little anxiety about the babysitter...it's something she'll get used to and I could easily get used to having regular Mom's Nights Out!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you got a night out! It is so needed and rewarding, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete