Friday, July 12, 2013

A Little Beach Time

Yesterday we took off on a day trip to the beach with my aunt Beth and her son Eli.  It was JUST what the doctor ordered.  My girls are at the perfect ages for the beach.  Maddie knows how to swim so I don't mind her playing in the water by herself (at a safe distance from the shore, of course!).  Sadie couldn't stand the seaweed "grabbing" her ankles when she was in the water so she was content to stay and play in the sand.  What this means for me is that I get to SIT IN A BEACH CHAIR, have a grown up conversation (that still revolves around kids, of course) and watch the girls play.  Ahhhh...what a relaxing day!  Also, we got a season pass to a beach at the east end of Galveston.  It's normally $8 for one day of parking there but we paid $25 for unlimited trips to the beach.  The highlight of this trip?  We parked ON the beach!  There was no lugging all our stuff to and from the car.  We just parked and sat right by the van. Wow.  Now, that's what I call convenient!  I look forward to MANY more days at the beach this summer now that I see how well it went.

Here are a few pictures from the day (my camera settings weren't optimum for our action-filled day at the beach so most of them turned out blurry...gotta remember to check that shutter speed!!) but here are a few of the kids that turned out.










No comments:

Post a Comment