Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Rainy Week

What is it about rain that always makes me feel so lazy??  This entire week has been so muggy that we haven't done much.  One afternoon we had some nice weather so I took the girls out on a bike ride.  I don't know how far we went mileage-wise, but we took a nice little 30-35 minute ride.  It was the first time I had taken both girls in the bike trailer and, boy, was I in for a surprise!  Maddie's weighing in at just over 40 pounds and Sadie's just over 30 so pulling their weight plus the weight of the trailer was no easy feat for my quads!  It was really nice to get out of the house and enjoy the fresh air...that is, until the girls started getting on each other's nerves in the trailer.  Ahhhh....I was two seconds away from saying, "If I have to pull this bike over..."  ha!  The good news is we made it home in one piece and we look forward to riding over to a park if we get a dry afternoon soon.

Today I hope to play catch up on my housework.  Woo hoo, exciting, I know!  In an ideal world, the girls would play nicely and stay out of my way while I do my cleaning.  Unfortunately they've been at each other's throats lately so I'm afraid I may have to resort to putting on a movie to keep them quiet and out of the way.  We'll see.  Nothing wrong with a little movie time, right??

I hope you're all having a great week!  Here are a few shots of my girls lately.  Enjoy!

 
Sadie helping with a little cleaning (after dressing up, of course!)
 
At Maddie's dance recital
 
 
The "McDonald's Cow" (as Maddie yelled out while we were eating at Chick-Fil-A!!)
 
Sadie displaying the snack necklace we made for our trip to Tennessee.

 
Maddie getting a hair cut.  Her hair looks extra blond in this picture!

Sadie wrapped herself up in a box :)
 
Maddie was pretty excited about catching lightning bugs at grandma's house!
 
Murphy and Sadie snuggled up in the hotel bed.  Murphy isn't allowed on furniture at home so this was an extra special treat for her!
 
Maddie took some stickers and made herself some cat whiskers :)

 
My girls cooking dinner. (yes, we had a pj day...)
 
All ready for a bike ride (don't worry, this picture was taken before the helmets were put on!)  Daddy is able to put the bike seat for Sadie on his bike, but I can't put it on mine.  I think they really enjoyed riding separately but together!

No comments:

Post a Comment