Monday, March 22, 2010

My Sweet Madeline

Some cuteness from Maddie over the past few days:

1.  She was coloring with markers, walked away from her picture for a few minutes and when she came back she put her hands up and said, "It's beautiful!".

2.  When I checked out at the grocery store this morning she was interested in Mommy "coloring" (on the credit card pad thing) and when I signed my name she said, "Good girl, Mommy".

3.  After dinner the other night Maddie was watching Dora while I was cleaning up the kitchen.  She yelled, "Mooommmmmmyyyyyy...I poo poo couch".  I asked her if she did poo poos in her diaper by the couch.  She said, "yes".  That's it.  Then she went back to watching Dora.

4.  Maddie has the biggest sweet tooth ever!  Ever since her first taste of cake and ice cream she's been obsessed!  She's always asking for cake, ice cream, cookies, chocolate and candy.  I try to give her one sweet treat a day but I think it might be making her want more...

5.  Maddie LOVES to smell things.  She loves it when her snuggly and pink blanket are freshly washed so she can smell it.  She breaths it in and says, "mmmm".  I'm glad she enjoys that clean, fresh smell.  She's just like me with that!

6.  The other day Maddie and I went to Panera bread with some friends for lunch.  I got Maddie a chocolate milk to go with her lunch.  She had never had milk from a cardboard box, similar to a juice box, so she thought it was juice.  There was a picture of a cow on it so when she got thirsty she asked, "have some cow juice, please".  It was the sweetest thing.

7.  One of our neighbors had a 50th birthday party on Saturday.  For some reason Maddie is obsessed with lemons and when she saw a plate of lemons at the party she HAD to have one.  She played with it and squeezed it, licked it and said how sour it was, etc. etc.  Then it fell on the floor and I threw it away.  No big deal, I think it had lost it's appeal after 10 minutes.  But what I didn't think about was the leftover lemon on her hands!  She fell down at one point and I picked her up and she started to suck her thumb.  The thumb IMMEDIATELY came back out and she said, "Sour...lemon sour".  It made me laugh but I felt bad!  I took her in a washed her hands and she was fine!

8. When we took Maddie to Seaworld a few weeks ago she was calling Shamu "shampoo".  I guess because that's the closest word she's heard so it just came naturally.  We worked with her to get her to say Shamu and now that we're home she calls shampoo "Shamu"...we just can't win!

9.  While playing with wooden blocks, Maddie and I were each building our own tall towers.  When mine fell over Maddie said, "It's ok Mommy.  Try again, Mommy".  Then she started singing the Yo Gabba Gabba song "Keep Trying".  It goes "keep trying, keep trying, don't give up, don't give up". 

10.  Maddie is the most polite 21 month old I know.  Ok, maybe that's just because she's MY 21 month old...but seriously she really is polite.  I'd say about 95% of the time she says "please" and "thank you" for things.  We're starting to work on saying "you're welcome".  And every time I sneeze she says "bless you".

11.  She has already started blaming others for her "toots".  She's watching the Backyardigans and she just came running into the kitchen and said "toot".  I asked if she tooted and she said, "No, Backyardigans".  Uhhhh...last time I sat and watched this show they didn't have that kind of humor!!

This was a fun post :)  Look for more of these in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment