Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What a Slacker

I have REALLY been slacking on the updates...sorry!  Eric's been home so my routine has been thrown off!  I'll just give some randome updates and maybe a few pictures since I haven't posted pictures in FOREVER!

1.  We had our second prenatal appointment today.  We got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time today which was so exciting.  I didn't think it would be that big of a deal since I've experienced it before, but I was just as emotional this time as I was with Maddie!  It was also pretty cool to be able to share that experience with Maddie.  I'm sure she didn't know what was going on and thought the baby sounded strange when we told her "Maddie, that's your baby brother or sister!".  She's probably expecting an alien or something...

2.  We went shopping for Maddie's big sister furniture today!  We bought her a toddler bed that she's been sleeping in with no issues for the past week and a half.  But we want to get her a nice bedroom set that will be hers as long as she lives here (and she can take it with her when she leaves home if it's not falling apart by then).  We're in no hurry, just had time to waste today so we thought we'd go see what was available.  Here's what we found at Ashley Furniture today...  http://www.ashleyfurniture.com/Showroom/Showroom.aspx?PageId=Showroom&CategoryId=0&SetDomTab=4&style=&IsClicked=1&Keyword=cottage%20retreat%20bedroom&bFromSearch=Y
Again, we're in no hurry and this is the first one we've liked but we're going out to look around again later in the week.

3.  We went to San Antonio last weekend!!!  It was our 6th anniversary and I LOVE San Antonio so I asked Eric if we could go there for the weekend.  Of course weekend getaways aren't the same when you have a toddler in tow...instead of romantic dinners on the Riverwalk or drinks out on the town, or carriage rides through the city our weekend was filled with swimming at the indoor pool at the hotel and Sea World!  :)  We did have dinner on Friday night at Landry's Seafood house and that was really nice.  It's definitely my favorite seafood restaurant so it's always nice when I get to eat there.  We had an awesome time at Sea World.  Maddie seemed to remember being there last summer and was super excited to see Shamu.  Speaking of Shamu...it was so sad watching the video in rememberance of the trainer who was recently killed in Orlando.  I didn't think it would be so emotional...I'll blame the pregnancy hormones :)  I had to try REALLY hard to not bawl like a baby!  I just find it so sad that these trainers love these animals so much and trust them completely and then for this terrible tragedy to happen.  It just breaks my heart.  The Shamu show wasn't nearly as good as it used to be now that they aren't letting the trainers in the water. It was actually quite boring...but we did get to see a baby orca swimming around the tank with it's parents!  That was super sweet :)  The baby was born at 350 pounds...can you imagine?  And people thought Maddie was a big baby at 8 lbs 3 oz!  :)

4.  My mind is blank...I'll leave you with some pictures and then I'm going to head to bed early tonight.

The cutest baby bathtub picture EVER. She's thinking ahead to her future when I embarrass her with these bathtub pictures... 

Maddie NEVER falls asleep anywhere but her bed or her carseat.  Until this day...then another day after she sprained her ankle she fell asleep on the couch.



Maddie couldn't stop talking about Shamu and waved to him from a distance but didn't want to look at him too closely for a picture.

She would've stayed at the dolphin tank all day if we had let her.  She just loved them so much!

And Daddy got to touch one!!

Maddie and I chillin', waiting for the sea lion show to start.

Being silly with our sunglasses :)


1 comment:

  1. Love the sunglasses pictures! Too cute! Looks like she had a blast!

    ReplyDelete