Thursday, January 20, 2011

Diapers

Well, I did it.  I bought cloth diapers.  The liners are in the dryer now and the diapers are on their first wash cycle.  I'm excited about changing Sadie from disposables to cloth in hopes that she'll finally remain rash-free.  She's had diaper rashes off and on since she was less than 2 weeks old (today she's 20 weeks!!).  Maddie never had rashes until she started on solid foods and her body was trying to adjust to the different foods she was eating.  I tried all different things with Sadie to try to keep the rashes away, even leaving her without a diaper for 30 minutes at a time, 3 times a day.  That's not pleasant with an infant, especially a breastfed infant!

I'm concerned about cloth diapering just because of a "fear of the unknown".  All the people I know who cloth diapered used the old cloth diapers, complete with pins and plastic pants.  I don't know anyone personally who uses "new" cloth diapers.  I'm entering a whole new world.  I've researched and researched (my research on cloth diapers initially began before Maddie was born...) and hope I've made the right decision for Sadie.  Overall I'm feeling good about the benefits of cloth diapering, just not sure of all the work involved!

Wish me luck :)  I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment