Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm in Love

Today I officially fell in love.  I fell in love with cloth diapers.  Nope, I'm not even kidding.  Today the cloth diapers proved themselves to me and there's no going back to disposables now.  You couldn't PAY me to use disposables, that's how much I love cloth.  You're thinking wow...this lady's lost her mind!  But, no, I haven't lost my mind, I promise.  :)

If you've ever breastfed a baby, or have spent a lot of time around a breastfed baby, you know the consistency of their poop.  Maddie described it best when she said, "Sadie's poo poos are snotty, like when I have a runny nose."  Normally when a baby poops while they're in a sitting position, the poop can only go to the front of the diaper or to the back of the diaper.  For most I think it goes up the back.  Today Sadie was sitting in her Bumbo seat and she started pooping.  It was a full force grunt, scrunch up her red face kind of poop.  I sighed and started dreading the diaper change that was to come.  Certainly it would be more than a simple diaper change.  It sounded like the kind of blow out we stay at home moms like to call a "poop-splosion".  I thought for sure I was about to change not only her diaper, but also her outfit AND give her a bath.  I let her finish before I went through all the cleanup work.  When she was FINALLY done, I picked her up (very cautiously) and didn't see ANY poop on her clothes!  I placed her very carefully on the changing table (sometimes with Maddie's diapers at this age, just laying her on her back would force the poop out of the diaper).  I opened up the diaper and found all the poop (and there was A LOT OF IT!) all neatly contained within the diaper.  YAY!  I have never been so happy to change a dirty diaper!

So, there's the story on how I became hooked on cloth diapers.  Seriously, I want to have more babies just so I can use cloth diapers.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I've been thinking of using cloth diapers when we have the third. Anything I can do to save us money will help. I might need your help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had wanted to use cloth diapers, but Mike brought up the great point that we don't have our own washer! :(

    ReplyDelete