1. I started back to Weight Watchers last week. I told myself before Sadie was born that I would allow myself the remainder of 2010 to eat whatever I wanted, as much as I wanted but as soon as Sadie turned 4 months old I would get back on track and lose whatever remaining baby weight I had to lose. I didn't want to start "dieting" too soon after she was born because I wanted to make sure my milk supply was well established. And I honestly thought that the breastfeeding would help me burn enough calories that I wouldn't have any problem losing the baby weight. Well...I was W.R.O.N.G. I lost 24 pounds of the 40 I had gained, then I gained back 5 of those pounds during the holidays. :( I still have 21 pounds to go. Although I feel like I can't call all that "baby weight" now! When Maddie was born I lost all 30 pregnancy pounds in just 2 weeks. It was so easy. I didn't watch what I ate, I just ate when I felt hungry and had no problems losing the weight. I guess being 31 instead of 29 really affected me :( Anyway...back to Weight Watchers. I'm proud to announce that I lost 2.8 pounds this week! YAY! I'm hoping to be able to lose about 2 pounds per week but if my milk supply starts to decrease then I'll have to lose weight at a slower rate. 1 pound per week is recommended for breastfeeding mothers. Blah...
2. I'm going to take the rest of January to get more established in my meal planning/weight loss efforts. I'm hoping I feel more confident as far as knowing what I can eat and what recipes I can safely cook to maintain a healthy lifestyle by the end of January. Of course, this will be ongoing, I just hope I'm not feeling so anxious about food and feeling self conscious about food decisions in 2 more weeks. Then in February I want to start the Couch to 5K program. I downloaded the app for my iPhone back in November thinking I was ready to start jogging then. Well, c-section bellies aren't fun to run with...so I wanted to lose a little more of the belly before I started running. I should be good to go (honk...sorry, inside joke) in February. I'll allow myself to get established in my running program in February and then March 2nd (when Sadie turns 6 months old and the child care at the gym will keep her) I'll be gym-bound. BLAH. I'm not looking forward to getting back to the gym, but yet I am. Eric will be home then so I'll just go without taking Sadie to the gym with me while he's home. In fact...I could probably start sooner than March 2nd since I could leave Sadie home with Eric! So, anyway, that's my "get healthy in 2011" plan.
3. I'm tired. I'm always tired. As I sit here trying to collect my thoughts all I can think of is how tired I am and I should go to bed right now...
4. Sadie's laughing now! She's got a super cute little throaty laugh with an occasional squeak in between. It's adorable! But she's only in a laughing mood about once per day, usually in mid-late afternoon. I love to catch her in that mood and get my daily dose of baby giggles!
5. Maddie's potty trained!! Her teachers at school aren't even putting her in a diaper at naptime anymore and she's staying dry :) YAY for my big girl!!
6. Eric's job. That's about all I can say about that...it's on my mind a lot lately.
And now I'll end with some conversations with a 2-year old:
Tonight I thought I'd test her with story-telling :) It went like this:
Me: Once upon a time there was a boy named...
Me: And one day Pooka went to....
Maddie: a castle
Me: When Pooka got to the castle he saw a.....
Me: And when Pooka saw that crab at the castle he said....
Maddie: Kacki week
??? Not sure what "kacki week" means :) She's just really into making up words lately.
Maddie likes to come up with rhyming words. Here are two of my favorites that she said the other night:
Maddie: Knock knock
Me: Who's there?
Me: Maddie who?
Maddie: Maddie cow. mooooo
(NO idea where she learned knock knock jokes!!)
Maddie calls binoculars "nobulars". I think it's so cute! Most things she says correctly so when she says something the way you'd expect a 2 year old to say it, it's cute :)
"A one man band, Mommy! Just like a band aid."
"When it gets close to another Christmas I will have new Christmas songs in my life."
"I'm Santa Claus...(walks around the room)...I'm a sucking Santa. (grabs her snuggly and starts sucking her thumb).
"Look!" as she holds her hand up to me, "I have a big Santa "claw". I have TWO, that's why I called Santa "Claws".
Do I have the sweetest/cutest