Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Post all about my Sadie Mae

Sadie is 15 months, 2 weeks and 5 days old today.  She is at such a crazy age!!  She keeps me busy keeping track of her all day.  I just never know where to find her.  Some of her favorite spots are in our master closet, digging into all of our shoes, of course, playing on the treadmill in our room (hey, at least someone's using it!!), playing in the laundry room if I forget to shut the door, sitting on the bathroom floor looking at books if we've left the bathroom door open, or just sitting quietly and playing with toys or looking at books in the playroom or livingroom.  But seriously, it's those quiet times that freak me out the most!!

Sadie is much more of a visual child than a verbal child.  She really observes things to see just how they work.  She's fascinated by moving parts and wants to figure them out.  She's content to be left alone to play by herself.  She will sit quietly on the floor pressing the same buttons on a toy over and over again.  She really is just intrigued by how things work.  I love it!

Even though she's not as verbal as Maddie was at this age, her vocabulary is constantly expanding.  She now says:  Daddy, Mama, hat, juice, more, cookie, cracker, cupcake, elmo (this is her favorite, and clearest word!), diaper, quack-quack...it seems like there are more, but I can't think of them right now :)

She knows where her head is, her tongue, her ear, her head, her hair, her belly, her toesies and sometimes her nose.  Cutie pie!!

She knows what sounds ducks, cows, bears, birds, dogs, cats and pigs make.  It's so cute to hear her!  I'll try to get a video some day soon.

Unfortunately right now my little one is sick again :(  Remember last fall when she was having some breathing issues and was diagnosed with bronchiolitis?  Well, she ended up on breathing treatments with albuterol for a while until she finally started feeling better.  You guessed it, we're doing it again.  My poor baby!  She had some cold symptoms since last Wednesday or Thursday, but I just thought it was associated with teething as she was working on cutting two.  By Sunday I could feel her lungs kind of rattling (the doctor said her lungs sounded chunky).  I kept waiting for it to get better and yesterday she finally started coughing to get some of it out.  But she had a terrible time sleeping last night so we decided it was time to take her in.  I'm glad I did.  She's only had 3 breathing treatments today but I can tell she's already feeling so much better.  She's back to playing and laughing like her old self already.  YAY!!

Well, here are a few pictures of my sweet angel for you to enjoy.

A cute pose by the Christmas tree...

First time jumping at Jumpalooza...

Hanging out in the playroom...

And since I never posted pictures from Halloween, here's my little cutie in her costume...

No comments:

Post a Comment