Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pre-Surgery Nesting

I'm going in tomorrow for a quick, out-patient surgery to repair a torn meniscus in my knee.  When I initially spoke to the orthopedic surgeon, he told me this surgery was no big deal, I'll be back to my normal daily activities by Monday and can start running again within 4 weeks.  I think I let myself get a little too comfortable with that idea and now that the surgery is so close, I'm realizing that I'm having SURGERY.  They're going to stick surgical instruments inside my knee joint.  Just the thought of it is making me feel nauseous.  I'm sure I'll be fine, but I'm just making myself be realistic about things.  I'm expecting to be in a lot of pain and discomfort and not being able to walk...that way when I'm able to put weight on my right leg and walk without crutches by Monday I'll be pleasantly surprised.  ha!

In preparation for my surgery I feel like I'm nesting. I'm trying to get all of my last minute chores done around the house so Eric won't have to worry about anything this weekend (well, except taking care of me and the girls!).  Laundry is caught up, there are plenty of leftovers in the fridge, I'm going grocery shopping later today, bathrooms are cleaned, floors are swept and vacuumed, cloth diapers are washed.  I'm feeling pretty good about the house being taken care of for a while so if I find that I'm not back to my normal activities by Monday, it'll be ok for me to take it easy!

Well, wish me luck for tomorrow and pray for a speedy recovery so I'll be able to keep up with the whirlwind that is Sadie!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment