Saturday, January 14, 2012

Post Surgery Update

Yesterday's surgery went well. I've decided I could use more anesthesia naps in my life! Ha! Anyway, the doctor said I was born with extra cartilage in my knee so he trimmed off the damaged portion and I'm left with a "normal" amount. After surgery I felt a lot better than I thought I was going to. I drank a cup of coffee shortly after I woke up then ate a banana on the drive home.

Sleep last night was less than stellar. I woke up at least every hour. I have to sleep on my back with my knee elevated so it's not the most comfortable position to stay in all night. I kept waking up when my arms were numb or my butt was numb. So strange. I just had to stretch a little to get the circulation back. Also the Vicodin that was prescribed is making me incredibly itchy. I was scratching myself so much in my sleep I have scratch marks on my arms, belly and chest. That's not fun! I called to see about getting a different prescription but I guess they're extra cautious when it comes to narcotics do they wouldn't change my prescription. I was told to take 800mg of ibuprofen, ice and elevate my knee. I'm in too much pain to rely solely on ibuprofen so Eric when to the store to pick up some Benadryl (another option the dr gave me). As soon as he gets home I'll take my Vicodin and Benadryl and probably have a really good nap!

I'll check in later :) Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!!

(please forgive any typos that may be in this post, I'm using my phone)

No comments:

Post a Comment