Thursday, January 5, 2012

Toys, Toys, Toys!!

I'm pretty sure my kids have enough toys for a family of 12...they used to be organized in little bins according to the type of toy.  We had a bin for "baby" toys, one for My Little Pony, Fisher Price Little People, one for small stuffed animals, one for blocks, etc.  We still have these bins but it seems we have a lot of "floater" toys.  Little, junk toys that don't really fit into a category.  You know what I'm talking about right?  The kids meal toys, the little junk from party treat bags or class parties.  Ugh, the stuff that drives parents crazy!  The problem is my kid LOVES this stuff!  We sort out her class party stuff several days after the party in hopes that she won't ask for it again.  A lot of times she does.  I have to lie and tell her it broke so I threw it away.  I've even told her Murphy got a hold of it and chewed it up.  Am I a bad mom??

So, my question is this:  What do you do with your kids' toys?  I'm tempted to just do a big ol' toy box but I know they'll play with stuff less if it's not easy to get to.  Or I'll daddy will just have a huge mess to clean up every night before bed.  (As much as we try to get our girls to clean up, it becomes a hassle and it's easier to do it ourselves, which Maddie is fully aware of now that we haven't been strict on keeping up with her doing the cleaning up so she "lets" us do it...nice, huh?)

I'm off topic!  How do you organize your kids' toys so that they'll play with them but still be kept neat?  Our playroom is pretty good, but Maddie's room is a disaster!

Please help!!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could be more help but I am currently in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete