Monday, March 5, 2012

Fun in the Sun

About two weeks ago we had the sunniest, most summer-like weather we've had in a while (ok...since October I guess).  I believe the high for the day reached 85 and it was sunny with a slight breeze all day.  It really had me wishing for summer weather full-time again!  (But ask me in July how I'm enjoying the weather...). 

Anyway, I decided to staple some pictures and plain paper to the back fence for the girls to do some painting.  Sadie had never done any painting before so I wasn't sure how it was going to go.  Maddie has been painting for some time and still has trouble remembering to only pull the brush down and not to push it up.  She's still working on it and getting better.  The more we paint, the better she'll get!

I had read somewhere (probably pinterest) that if you add a few drops of dish detergent to non-washable paint, that it will become washable.  I don't know who ever came up with such a thing...my girls have blue stains all over their clothes to prove that's not true!  And just so you know, I always pretreat, even when things claim to be washable...learned my lesson from "washable" sidewalk chalk.

So, here are a few pictures of the girls from the day.  They had a great time and started working on their summer tans already!  Enjoy :)


 Stylin' in her shades


Maddie doing one of her dance moves


And the painting begins


25-30 minutes later they had had enough and this is what we were left with


After they lost interest in painting, they started doing "gymnastics".  Apparently gymnastics is jumping off of lawn chairs.


Cutie pie!


This picture was taken the next day at the park...I don't plan on posting about that, so I thought I'd sneak this picture in here. Love her in pigtails!!


No comments:

Post a Comment