Saturday, October 27, 2012

Oh, My Sadie...

Sadie is no longer my baby.  Yet she's not quite a big kid either.  She's in that in between phase that can be frustrating to maneuver.  When Maddie was around this age (maybe even younger), I started giving her options so she could be a part of the decision making process.  In the morning I would hold up two outfits and ask her which one she wanted to wear, let her chose her shoes for the day, let her decide what she wanted for breakfast, etc.  Well, somehow between those couple of years I forgot all about that philosophy. With Sadie, I get her up and put some clothes on her, I hand her whatever *I* think she wants for lunch, stick a pair of shoes on her on the way out the door.  Ha!  That's backfiring on me now.  She has become quite opinionated.  If I put a bowl of cereal in front of her in the morning she just might swipe it off onto the floor if that's not what she wants!  I've gotten good about asking what she wants for breakfast now!  I still just get her dressed in whatever I want her to wear for the day and I'm not sure that's a bad thing :)  So far she hasn't really complained about what she's wearing.  There was one day that was orange day at Maddie's school so I put an orange shirt on Sadie.  She didn't seem to like it until we walked into the school.  Weird.

Another thing we recently figured out about Sadie is that she seems to have a fear of heights.  I picked her up on my shoulders last night and about had my eyes gouged out from her death grip!  She was really nervous being up there.  Eric said she does the same thing to him when he puts her up, but I guess this was the first time I had done it.  Later I was upstairs and I held Sadie to look down at Daddy and she got nervous with that as well.  She kept telling me she wanted down.  Poor kid!  She doesn't seem to have a fear of coming down the stairs, though as she willingly comes down them all by herself.  Today she even tried to walk down them without holding on!  That's when mommy got nervous!!

Now I'll leave you with some pictures of my growing girl!  (These pictures range from August 27th through Oct 9th)
I love how green her eyes are starting to look!

Here's our sweet girl on her birthday!  We spent part of the day at the pool having lots of birthday fun!

 I HATE these shopping carts.  But...it was the only way to cheer her up after her 2 year old check up so I sacrificed :)

We went up to Grapevine, TX in mid-September and "camped".  Sadie wasn't afraid of holding this caterpillar.  She loved it!

I always love taking bathtub photos :)  Sweet baby!

This kid can cross her eyes on demand.  She's been doing it since before her first birthday...it's the strangest thing ever!  (But we love it)  :)

Enjoying some Tutti Frutti!

Just looking sweet so Mommy had to snap a picture.

Sadie told me, "Mommy, take a picture." Then she posed like this.  Doesn't she look like a little baby super model??

The biggest boo boo she's had yet.  The good news is it looked about 85% better by the next morning!

Steering the boat at the zoo.  She just looks so big to me with her big girl pony tail!

Posing with big sister and a giant snapping turtle at the zoo.



No comments:

Post a Comment