Saturday, November 20, 2010

A 2-Year Old and a Paintbrush

Today was a SUPER fun day!  I took Maddie to a local paint-your-own pottery place to make a "cookies for Santa" plate.  While I was busy working on the plate, I had Maddie work on a bowl...something to keep her busy :)  It went really well, although she kept asking if we could share.  Sweet, but we were using different colors and I didn't want her blue mixed with my green and brown.  We had a few little mishaps, she put her blue paintbrush on my plate when I wasn't looking, a pink handprint on my plate and a pink handprint on the bowl.  I was able to wash it off of my plate since there wasn't anything else painted under it.  The bowl just has a pink handprint on top of the blue paint...no big deal, afterall, it was her project!  The thing that impressed me the most about Maddie today was her patience/attention span.  We arrived at Mudpie just after 10am and didn't leave until after 2pm!  (Thank God it's strategically placed next to a McDonald's)  Beth, Dan and Eli (my aunt, uncle and cousin for those who don't know them) were there to paint projects too so it was nice having extra eyes/hands to help me with my two girls!  Dan walked to McDonald's to get the kids lunch, which helped out A LOT!  You know how fussy hungry toddlers are...Then Dan took Eli home for some daddy/son time while Beth finished up their projects.  When Beth was finished she took Sadie to the grocery store with her!  Ahhhh...what a relief :)  Sadie had been getting fussy and I was working as fast as I could, I just needed a little more time to finish up.  By the time Beth was done at the store, I was done at Mudpie so she brought Sadie back to me in time to head home!

Overall, we had a really nice time.  It was much less stressful than I thought it was going to be so we'll be heading back next week for one more project!!

Here's a picture of Maddie painting :)  I'll take pictures of our final products when they're ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment