Friday, November 12, 2010

Is it Spring Yet?

I'm so ready for this vicious cold "cycle" to end!  It seems that just as the girls are starting to feel better they get stuffy/snotty/congested all over again.  I bought some children's Claritin for Maddie today to see if maybe she's affected by allergies.  But, in true mommy brain fashion, I forgot to give it to her tonight.  I think I'll move it upstairs to her bathroom so I can remember to give it to her before we brush her teeth at bedtime.  I'll probably still forget it, but we'll see :)

Now I promise to make the rest of this blog post more positive...

Sadie has gotten so much more enjoyable by the day!  As I typed that it sounded kind of mean, like she wasn't enjoyable until now...but you parents know what I mean.  She's been so responsive to my voice and Maddie's voice.  She smiles and smiles and smiles when I talk to her.  You know how the Grinch has that smile that just keeps growing and growing?  Well, Sadie's smile grows and grows too!  She smiles so big that her whole face smiles, then she even tilts her head back as if she's trying to smile even bigger.  It's so sweet to see.  There's nothing in the world like a smiling baby!  Yesterday she started trying to play with toys.  I had her on her activity mat and she swung at one of the toys.  I'm not sure if the initial swing was intentional but after she did it she kept swinging at the toy.  It was really sweet to see!  Now I'm trying to give her more time on her activity mat to encourage her to play. 

Some new things Sadie has experienced in the last week:  riding facing out in the Sleepy Wrap, sitting in the Bumbo, playing with Sofie the Giraffe and "helping" mommy in the kitchen.  She also went 8 hours between feedings last night!!

Maddie continues to crack me up and frustrate me every day :)  She's a toddler, it's her job to push my buttons.  I keep telling myself that!  She's continuing to get into things way more than I like.  Last week she managed to dump about 3 ounces of baby oil all over herself and my rocking chair...Mommy was a VERY grumpy mommy that morning.  Anyway...I said this was going to be a positive post :)

Maddie and I have danced to "Single Ladies" three times in the past two weeks.  Last night she was in the bathtub singing "Ima shave my legs, Ima shave my legs" to the tune of "all the single ladies, all the single ladies".  I took a video with my iPhone but since she's in the tub I'm not going to share it...sorry.  I will hold on to it for when she's older to show her what a goof ball she was!  Today Maddie was singing "Mary had a Little Lamb" and at the end she started saying, "Go Mary, Go Mary.  Go Mary, Go Mary".  I really shouldn't be surprised by anything anymore!

Well, my eyes are closing as I type this so I'm going to go to bed for now.  I'll try to keep up with the blog a little more...I'm finally starting to feel like I'm getting into a good routine so I'm going to try to post on the blog at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment