Monday, June 8, 2009

Maddie and her Bodily Functions

My child is so funny! One day I burped so I said "excuse me" and kind of patted at my chest. Well, she picked up on the patting the chest bit and does it every time she hears a burp or fart. She even does her "excuse me" sign if Murphy has a big yawn and makes a strange sound. Oh, and one night Maddie's tummy was gurgling and she patted her chest. I guess any noises that come from your body need to be "excused".

Well, tonight I had changed her diaper to get her ready for bed and she kind of shivered. It was a little chilly in the room because I had the fan on so I didn't think anything of it. Then she patted her chest. I told her she didn't burp or toot so she didn't have to say excuse me. Then she grabbed at her diaper. I asked her if she peed and I felt the diaper...sure enough, it was warm :) So then she started saying "pee"! Wow! It's amazing that she's so aware of her bodily functions! I'm just glad she's learning to be polite about them :) Also, I hope this is a good sign that potty training won't be too difficult!!! (Although we're still going to wait til she's around 2 to start working on that).

No comments:

Post a Comment