Sunday, June 7, 2009

Tragedy

I just learned of a family whose baby girl just passed away. I don't know this family well, but they live in Knoxville across the street from Eric's family. This precious baby girl was just 1 month and 1 day old when her parents found her cold and lifeless in her crib. She was born healthy and seemed to be growing well, no one would have ever expected it to happen.

My heart is just really breaking for this family. I can't even begin to imagine what they're going through. As I sit here typing, tears are streaming down my face as I try to put myself in their shoes. It's every parent's worst nightmare. We've all gone in to check on our newborns while they're sleeping, putting our cheek to their face to feel their sweet, soft breath and watched for the rise and fall of their chest. How blessed most of us are that it's just silly, new mom fears and that our babies are just fine and will grow up to live long, healthy, happy lives. It really makes me appreciate my blessings so much more when I hear of tragedies like this.

1 comment:

  1. I hate to hear news like this. It makes my heart break. I'll be praying for this family. You're right we need to appreciate our blessings and remember to never take anything for granted. Those poor parents. I'll be praying for them.

    ReplyDelete