Saturday, July 11, 2009

And the Winner Is...

My opinion my be somewhat biased, but I believe my baby is the best in the world! She's the prettiest, most intelligent, bravest, most independent baby ever. Ok, maybe not (besides, we still need to work on more hair!), but I am so proud of her for all of her accomplishments. She amazes me every day with something new. This morning she said "A, B, C, D" in that order! It wasn't all run together like you just read it, but she said all four of those letters in the correct order. Amazing, huh? So what if it was purely coincidental? My baby is S.M.A.R.T.! Today I started teaching her "what does the A say" trying to teach her that like I teach her what animals say. We'll see tomorrow if she's retained it :) If I can get her to know her letter sounds by the time she's two, she'll definitely be heading off to Ivy League! Uh oh...we've only paid for a Texas state school...looks like she'll have to be an over-achiever at a small school! :) Hey, valedictorian at any school is just as good!

Now on to Maddie's physical accomplishment of the day. Oh, there are two of them, actually! First, we were in the kitchen this morning and she pulled up at my legs (like she ALWAYS does) and then just held on to my nightgown. She held on to just my nightgown with one hand and we walked all the way from the kitchen to the playroom! She was pretty wobbly since my nightgown wasn't a steady surface for holding her up, but she did it! Then this evening I took her in the playroom and stood her down on the floor. She bent her knees and was bouncing for a few seconds! Her balance is getting a lot better when she's standing still but to see her bouncing was so exciting! So we kept playing "bouncy bouncy bouncy". I was bouncing with her and I was "losing my balance" and falling over too. I made a big deal about how clumsy Mommy is and said "ouch" really dramatically and she thought that was so funny. I had read an article online about how parents should make themselves trip and fall sometimes so their babies can see them...apparently it helps boost the child's confidence level. When they see adults trip and fall it makes them realize they aren't the only ones who do it. Hopefully with me acting like such a fool she'll start walking by the time Daddy gets home! He'll be home in 2 weeks, 6 days (yes, it's basically 3 weeks but it makes me feel better to look at it as 2 weeks, 6 days, it just feels shorter that way) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment