Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cooking

It's been a while since I've actually felt like cooking.  I mean, cooking more than a grilled cheese sandwich or some scrambled eggs.  Tonight I'm trying Mediterranean Lemon Chicken and some Wild Mushroom & Herbs Couscous.  I'm super excited that I'll have 2 dishes to wash with dinner tonight...oh wait, 3 because I'll have a knife to wash after cutting up veggies for a salad.  Ha!  Actually I'll take that back down to 2 dishes...the baking dish will go in the dishwasher too :) 

This chicken smells so good and was so simple to put together!  The couscous comes in a little box mixture and takes only 5 minutes after the water comes to a boil.  Does life get any simpler than this?

Here's a picture of the extent of the ingredients:


Yup, that's it.  The recipe had some specific measurements, I just threw stuff in.  That's how I roll.  I don't like having measuring spoons to put away out of the dishwasher later!  So, the chicken is cooking now and the couscous will go on the stove in about 30 minutes.  I'm really looking forward to a nice dinner with Maddie tonight!  I'll report back and let you know how it is.

Another food related thing I wanted to share with you is this yummy pizza topping

Eric bought this to add to his pizza sauce to give it a little more flavor.  I found a new use for it...I add it to my salads!!!!!  Most genius idea I've had in a while, I know :)  Oh my goodness!  It's so delicious, I can't even describe it.  The next thing I want to get for my salads are those new mini pepperonis, I think they're by Hormel.  Then my salads will be complete :)

Well, it's time to turn and baste the chicken...

No comments:

Post a Comment