Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kid Tested, Mother Approved

Tonight's dinner was a success!  Maddie LOVED the chicken!  Of course, she pretty much loves anything that has garlic in it so I should've known she was going to like it.  She seemed to enjoy the couscous even more than the chicken!  It's a pretty healthy alternative to rice and such so I approve of that, the only thing I don't like is how non-child friendly it is.  I'll be cleaning up couscous for days...

Overall, I'm really happy with our dinner and will definitely be making it again since it was so simple!
Here's a link to the recipe in case I've inspired anyone:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mediterranean-Lemon-Chicken/Detail.aspx

I made a few changes.  I didn't have a lemon so I used that "Real Lemon Juice" from the fridge.  I also didn't have fresh garlic so I used the jarred minced garlic.  I mixed everything together as a marinade and put the chicken in a Ziploc bag for about 30 minutes before putting it in the oven. 

Let me know if you try it!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good! I really need to get back in to cooking. By the way, I try the diaper method you described. It worked :) I only have to do it when he is really squirmy though!

    ReplyDelete