Monday, January 18, 2010

Cheers!

Back in October we took our first family vacation to Cozumel, Mexico.  While we were there we taught Maddie to tap our glasses together and say "cheers".  It was really cute and other vacationers thought it was funny.  Well, Maddie is STILL doing it!  Only the "cheers" doesn't stop with cups...when Maddie notices we have two of the same things, we have to do "cheers".  When eating dinner, Maddie will point out what's on my plate and hers, then she'll hold up her broccoli (or whatever other kind of food she chooses) and say "cheers".  Then she waits for me to tap a piece of my broccoli with hers.  Sometimes it's just our forks or spoons, one time it was our plates.  Maddie got a toy vacuum for Christmas and when I get my vacuum out, she brings hers over to do "cheers".  My new favorite is when we brush our teeth together in the mornings.  She puts her toothbrush in her mouth, pulls it out, points it toward me and says "cheers".  Then I have to take my toothbrush out of my mouth to tap it with hers.  She thinks it's the funniest thing!  I feel like I'm missing some items we do "cheers" with...but I think you get the point :)

No comments:

Post a Comment